The iPhone 15 lineup is here and it’s better than ever. There are plenty of new features to brag about on both the Pros and non-Pros, but we also need to talk about pricing. We’ve compiled prices for the US, UK, Germany, India, China and Japan markets in the tables below.
The iPhone 15 and 15 Plus come in 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB trims. The iPhone 15 Pro starts at 128 GB and tops out at 1 TB storage while the Pro Max now starts at 256 GB and also goes up to 1 TB. Apple kept the base prices for the 15, 15 Plus and 15 Pro in the US while the Pro Max is $100 more but when comparing the same storage options the pricing is actually unchanged.
In the UK and Germany, the base iPhone 15 and 15 Plus are now £50/€50 cheaper than the 14 and 14 Plus. The 15 Pro is £100/€100 less than its predecessor. In India, iPhone 15 and 15 Plus are the same prices as their predecessors while the 15 Pro is INR 5,900 more than the 14 Pro and the 15 Pro Max get a sizeable INR 20,000 price hike.
Apple will take pre-orders for its new iPhone 15 in the first wave of countries from September 15, while open sales start a week later on September 22.
This model will be unveiled at the company’s “Wonderlust” event in Cupertino, California, United States Of America, and is expected to come in four variants: iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, a Forbes report stated.
Here are five things you should know about the new iPhone 15 model.
1. The new model is made of titaniu, not stainless steel as some other Apple smartphone models, Senior research analyst at DIGITIMES, Luke Lin reports.
2. The Pro Max model will feature double the optical zoom on the iPhone 14 as it comes with a newly-introduced ‘periscope lens upgrade, performing 5-6x optical zoom.’
3. The Pro models will carry an A17 bionic chip expected to make it perform faster.
4. The iPhone 15 model will feature a USB-C charging port, the same port featured on some Android phone models.
5. The new model is expected to be sold at a higher price due to its titanium cover. According to Forbes, below is the rumoured price list:
iPhone 15, starting from $799, iPhone 15 Plus: starting from $899, iPhone 15 Pro: starting from $1,099 ($100 increase), iPhone 15 Pro Max: starting from $1,299 ($200 increase).
Photo Credit: Forbes